999 Old Country Road
Thursday, January 11 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm @ the POB Library
An inclusive meeting for men and women to attend! We will explore a topic that affects both genders
Please RSVP to Barbara Mars, email@example.com
Investigating Gender Differences in Workplace Challenges
Delivered by Janine Friedman, PCC, MSILR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP (Read her bio below)
Have you ever wondered how women’s challenges in the workplace differ from the challenges men face? This program will take a look at what those differences are and give attendees the opportunity to talk about them.We will start by taking a brief look at the broad range of research available on this topic and will spend most of the program learning from one another’s experiences.
We are excited for the group to exchange ideas about this important topic and are encouraging both POB Chamber women and men to attend.
Please come ready to share your stories or experiences. We are looking forward to a lively and interactive program!
Pre-presentation survey – https://forms.gle/zShs6WfKtJsKNAkq6
At the end of Investigating Gender Differences in Workplace Challenges participants will be able to:
- Understand what challenges the opposite gender is experiencing at work and the impact it has
- Share their own challenges
- Participate in a small group discussion on this important topic
- Commit to being aware of these differences when returning to daily work-life
- Ask questions
TIMING: 1 hour
- Overview of program objectives
- What does the research say?
- Small group breakout Discussion
- Participants will share their own individual challenges with one another in groups of 5-6
- Activity de-brief with entire group
- Invitation to finding ways to apply what was learned to daily work-life
- Summary and Wrap-up
- Questions and Answers
Workshop Ground Rules
- One person speaks at a time
- No interrupting
- Listen with curiosity
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
Janine Friedman, PCC, MSILR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
“Empowerment begins when people realize they have a choice.”
Janine Friedman is the owner of Choice Training and Coaching Solutions, Inc. Launched in 2013, its mission is to inspire and empower individuals to live their best lives. Janine possesses a complementary blend of experience in human resources, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), corporate upskilling and coaching, and women’s empowerment. Highly skilled at bringing out the best in employees and individuals, Janine has the rare ability to make clients feel at ease and more open to reaching their full potential. She recently helped a client recover from a burnout state with self-care strategies and life balance methods, boosting their performance as a leader in business and in life.
Developing leaders for over 24 years, Janine’s customized system of coaching is tailored to each client’s specific personality, background and needs. She is an engaging and inspirational speaker, conducting training programs that are both educational and memorable. She excels at delivering her message with enthusiasm and clarity, resulting in better learning and deeper understanding.
Janine is passionate about supporting women who are struggling to achieve success in the workplace and in life. She is able to provide the tools necessary to help women develop competence and confidence as well as explore behaviors that may be holding them back. She has recently presented the Google initiative, “# IamRemarkable” to several professional women’s groups with very positive results.
Prior to launching Choice Training and Coaching Solutions, Janine served as Director of Training and Coaching for Open Arms and Employee Support Network EAP. She finds that clients often gravitate to her for help with their careers because of her experience as Vice President of Human Resources for a large independent broker-dealer.
Academics and Accreditations:
- Master of Science in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University/Baruch College
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Binghamton University
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) through International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certified trainer and coach for “The Leadership Challenge” training program
- SPHR designation from the Human Resources Certification Institute
- SCP designation from the Society for Human Resource Management