Plainview-Old Bethpage JFK High School’s School to Career Program gives students the opportunity to expand the walls of classroom learning while simultaneously assisting the needs of the local business community. It’s a win-win!
Internship Benefits for Employers:
- Internships provide employers with a continual pool of high-achieving students.
- Internships can be in-person or virtual;
- Internships allow flexibility in staffing needs: it frees up paid staff to do more advanced or higher priority challenging work;
- Business/School District ties are strengthened while giving back to the community;
- Interns are enthusiastic people who will provide new ideas and new viewpoints.
Many POB Chamber members have benefited from interns in years past. Here’s a testimonial from one:
“Brown Altman & DiLeo, LLP highly recommends Plainview-Old Bethpage High School’s Internship Program to local businesses. Our intern, Joseph Gamzo, is a conscientious and hardworking young man who is an asset to our firm. The high school helped us identify an intern with strong personal character and placed him in an environment to learn and succeed. We hope that other businesses will find this program as rewarding as we have and, like us, become participants”
If you have any questions regarding this valuable program, please contact the internship coordinators, Ms. Farrell or Mr. Lieberman in the business department at 516-434-3266 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for an intern, please fill out the form using this link